Friday, November 2, 2007

He looks like an angel...

But let me tell you the story of our night. I told Danny I really needed some IHOP for dinner, so we had a fancy dinner out as a family. And there was a Home Depot next door to IHOP, so we went in to look around after dinner. By the time we got done and home, it was 8:30, which is Taylor's bedtime. We told him that it was his lucky night and that he wouldn't have to take a bath. So I gathered his pjs and a new diaper and a few wipes and went into the living room where he was playing to change his diaper and put his pjs on. Well, our little Tay Tay doesn't like to sit still for diaper changes, and when I had the dirty diaper off and he was all wiped clean, he broke loose and crawled over to the couch, wearing just his shirt and his smile. Before we could get to him, he was wetting himself all down his leg and on the floor. Nasty, right? Nope, that's not the half of it. So we wiped him up and I went to run him a bath since he had his no-bath-night priviledges revoked, given the circumstances. Danny finished getting Taylor undressed, brought a naked little boy back to our bathroom, and put him on the floor while I finished preparing his bath. And then I looked down, and wondered what our little angel was smearing all over the tile with his hands. Yep, our boy was sitting in another puddle of his urine, playing with it and splashing it all around. So Tay Tay had an extra good scrubbing in the bathtub, and we have the living room floor and the bathroom floor to sanitize.

Here is Tay Tay and I after his bath tonight. He doesn't seem too traumitized that he was playing in a puddle of his own urine...

3 comments:

KP said...

so naughty, so gross and so handsome. I can't believe such a sweet looking boy would happily play in a puddle of his own...

gpitcher said...

Hi Christy--and any other Parrotts who read this.

I promised to post a hunting trip report on the Parrott blog. But I'm not an experienced blogger, and I don't see to start a new post. Do I have to be invited or something? Any tips?

George

CM said...

Hey George! I have to invite you to be a contributor...can you email me at cjmcdonald@austin.rr.com and I'll send you an invitation to be a contributor?