Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Okay, here it goes--
1. I don't think there are 100 things about me that people would be interested in
2. I live in a cold, rainy climate and I dream of warm, sandy beaches
3. I have 4 children that make me very happy
4. I have 4 grandchildren that make me happy in a whole new way
5. My role models for being a grandparent are my parents
6. We're building a house
7. It's a huge task and sometimes I feel overwhelmed
8. But, it's rewarding at the same time. Who knew I could pull wire?
9. We've been living with Julie & Jay for a year now. How many parents/grandparents are so blessed?
10. I'm reading lots of home building/designing books right now, planning Larry's workload for the next few years
11. I work for the university. This year will be my 14th aniversary here
12. The older I get, the more I appreciate my family. Not just my husband and children, but my parents and siblings, as well. They are a really nice bunch of people.
13. I have lots of questions about why God does certain things. I'm becoming more curious all the time.
14. Like, why does he have this particular group of people attending church at STAC right now?
15. How will he use Joy's short life in our lives? Because, I know he will.
16. Am I going to recognize when he does?
17. I like chocolate, a lot
18. And, I'm truly thankful that they've discovered the health benefits of dark chocolate because I'm going to be VERY healthy.
19. I'm terrified by the very thought of rodents. Katy is my hero because she wages war with them.
20. I like dogs and abhor cats.
21. I'm staying with my mother this week and I'm rediscovering her wonderful sense of humor.
22. I'd like to take a bike tour of Ireland some day. Anybody going with me?
23. I'd like to go on an extended white water rafting trip even though I'm a chicken and will probably close my eyes a good deal of the time.
24. I don't dress up very often but I always admire well-dressed people and wonder why I can't be like them.
25. I like to read mysteries and romance novels but lately have questioned the value of spending my time on them.
26. I like Francine Rivers' novels and somehow having my heart ripped open and stomped on by a Christian author seems more worthwhile.
27. I get a vanilla iced coffee from McDonalds practically every day. I like it better than Starbucks.

2 comments:

KP said...

Mom you need to finish that list because I really enjoyed reading it and I think if you did a full 100 I would learn a lot about you.

CM said...

Mama, I loved reading this! I already learned about you too, although I did know that you were very healthy from the benefits of chocolate. I can't wait to read the rest...