Thursday, November 26, 2009

Impaired?


I was going to keep this story on the down low and just have it be a little joke between Jay and I and our friends Chad and Wendy, but then I found this picture documenting (pretty acurately) the state of things and felt compelled to share. It started with my dislike for turbulance while flying and my sister Christy sharing her secret chemical weapon with me which is totally legal because I have my own prescription but didn't have time to get it filled at an actual pharmacy and therefore she was a proxy. At any rate, I took a small white pill on the flight from Austin to Seattle and 3.5 hours later was still berating Ativan manufacturers everywhere for their lack of effective products. Blah, blah, blah. I was aware of the fact that as we trekked through a slightly hazy SEA-TAC airport, my feet felt sort of balloony and disconnected but at the time it didn't seem like that big of a deal. You know? Sort of like, oh well, I don't really need feet and keep moving. Our friends Chad and Wendy met us at the airport, drove us to our hotel and produced a bottle of wine that they had been saving to celebrate with us. Who could say no to that? Not me for one. Clearly years of medical training is not enough to combat the effects of one ativan tablet. So down it went. We walked 4 blocks to our restaurant. Jay ended up ordering my dinner for me. Not out of chivalry. And that is all I can tell you first hand. I know that we must have walked back to the hotel and I do remember climbing in bed. Jay claims that when he took off my jacket and tucked me in I said "I love you man".
I can tell you two things for sure:
#1. I'm done with the ativan
#2. That was the best nights sleep I have EVER had and I have the pictures to prove it! I don't even remember this picture being taken.

1 comment:

CM said...

How can two sisters be so different? Of course, I've never chased my pills with beverages of the adult variety, but still, I don't feel like they work very well. Maybe you're on to something that I should keep in mind for my next flight...