Monday, August 3, 2009

Vet story


Here's another little tidbit while I'm online and NOT renewing my CPR certification as was the original plan. Just a warning: If discussion of anal gland drainage from dogs disturbs you, this is not the blog posting for you. OK. Here's how it went down. Daisy, the giant hound dog was having an epic battle with her anal glands and copious drainage (nasty but true). After finding evidence of such in my sewing room I immediately phoned the vet for some anal gland touch ups. Naturally I had EB and Miles in tow. When we arrived at the vet's office there was the worlds largest bull dog sitting in his owners lap. The very nice lady who owned the bull dog smiled sweetly and we exchanged pleasantries. This is while things were still good. Miles who is normally sort of quiet until he assesses someone looked that woman in the eye and said "Guess why we're here. We are going to get out dog milked!" The woman's smile faltered but she recovered and said something along the lines of "isn't that nice". I wanted to shush him but got kind of tickled and gave him gum to occupy his mouth.
Luckily we were called in next. The vet checked Daisy's temperature with an ear thermometer which apparently triggered something in Miles' mind because the next thing I know, he is saying "Do you know what? Sometimes when I put my finger in my ear I get stuff out! And do you know what it is? It's meat! Red Meat!" The vet looked at Miles and then me and continued her assessment of nasty hound dog. (Who at this point has been diagnosed with a yeast infection in her ear.) Moving on down the assessment line, the vet has finally made it to the original problem area when Miles once again pipes up, "She is going to need medicine for her mouth too. Because when that stuff came out, she ate it!" The vet tried valiently to keep her composure but sometimes it's got to be hard...
And that's all I have for today. Please enjoy.

4 comments:

CM said...

I enjoyed. and then I enjoyed again. Funny boy that Miles.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! This story belongs in Reader's Digest or something. You could make a bundle! ;o)

-james

Lolly said...

Ah Nasty!!! LOL

jhp said...

Miles is smart. I would want mouth medicine as well, in that situation.

George