Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Jim's Ode to His Momma

This is the message that Jim gave on Mother's Day at church about Jude. Thought the rest of you might like to read it.

"My mother made a choice many years aho that has forever changed my life and the lives of my siblings, and will change many more lives for generations to come. She committed that if there was one thing that she would place a priority on, she would do everything in her power to ensure that her children grew up to know the Lord. There is no greater task. There is no nobler vision than to see that your children are serving the Lord Almighty.

"As a child I didn't understand why we went to church 3 times a week, or why we had our own Bibles before we even understood what they said, or why we always thanked God for our food, or why we had Bible studies in our home, or why we did any countless number of other things...
But now I realize that all of the things we did were my parents being intentional. It was my mother setting her focus as a parent on the one task before her - that of making sure her children grew to really know their God. My mother is truly incredible."

-Can I get an amen?!-

3 comments:

Julie said...

Amen Sista! Good job Bubba. You have brought honor to our mommacita on mother's day (and then again the following Sunday). Overachiever.
We love you.

KP said...

*COUGH**COUGH*SUCKUP*COUGH*!!!

Mom said...

Thanks for that, Katie. Now, Jim what about all the stuff you said about Katie? I'd love to see it posted and Katy & Christy would enjoy reading it.